“We don’t need a handful of people doing zero waste perfectly. We need millions doing it imperfectly.” - Anne Marie Bonneau
I hand package all orders with the earth in mind. Adopting sustainable practices and ethical packaging is an ongoing effort in my business, art making, and personal life, and is one of the core values within this small business.
Some items are made with eco-friendly resin, meaning it is made from renewable materials. Items created with eco-friendly resin will be clearly listed in the description.
Carbon Offset Shipping
Cents from every purchase will go towards offsetting the carbon footprint of shipping your item.
I am proud to say that you will receive your order in 100% eco-friendly packaging. This means I am using supplies that are made from recycled materials, do not include unnecessary plastic wrapping, and they themselves are recyclable, biodegradable, or compostable. Other packaging items in your order are sometimes reused from other shipments. Here's what to expect in your package and how to keep the sustainable cycle going:
1. Most small items are mailed in either an EcoEnclose 100% recycled padded mailer or EcoEnclose eco-friendly bubble mailer. I also reuse other packaging materials when I can. If you receive your item in an alternative box, mailer, or USPS Priority mailer, it has been reused from another shipment.
Brown padded mailer: Made with 100% recycled paper and padded with recovered newspaper. Fully recyclable and naturally biodegradable, and is compostable once all labels and tape have been removed.
Bubble mailer: Made from recycled plastic and is recyclable. It also has a double seal, meaning once you open your package, it can be reused again before being recycled.
2. Recycled Tissue Paper: Fully recyclable. If you receive your item in pink tissue paper, it is biodegradable and compostable!
3. Hemp Twine: Biodegradable and compostable, made from 100% natural hemp.
4. Shipping labels: I print all shipping labels on 100% recycled copy paper with reused ink cartridges.
5. Plant-Based Tape: I use EcoEnclose Cello tape to secure your shipping label to your package. It is made from plant-based materials and is recyclable. This is unlike regular tape, which is plastic and non-recyclable.
7. Earring Pouches: In lieu of paper backings, each earring arrives in a reusable pouch that has either been naturally dyed by me using leftover avocado pits, or is floral embroidered. Reuse your pouch for coins, lipsticks, chapstick, gifting another item, or for keeping your earrings safe and secure.
6. Protect Our Planet sticker: Made with 100% recycled post-consumer waste and recyclable! This is an alternative to other stickers that are silicone coated and difficult to recycle. A fun lil thing I wanted to add to your package.
8. We Care Card: Printed with vegetable ink on 100% recycled paper made from post consumer waste. This card lets you know all about your packaging and how to find out more information about the materials used if you are interested.
Other: In addition to these sustainable items I have mindfully sourced, I save and reuse other packaging materials as much as I can. These materials come from packages that I receive. If you receive your item with bubble wrap, paper padding, or a twine and tissue paper alternative, it is second hand from another shipment!
In many of my pieces, I preserve insects among the flowers to honor them and give them a second life. All insects used in my work are sustainably and ethically sourced, meaning they have been collected and preserved after their natural death, and never harmed for human consumption. Many insects I have found dead on walks, on my porch, and in window sills, or have been donated to me by friends who have found them in the same way. Others are sourced from private collections with confirmed sustainable practices. It is my priority to uphold these values and integrity when creating work with specimens. Additionally, what may be ethical for me may not be ethical for you, and that is okay. I appreciate your understanding.